It’s ironic, because I had never tasted an actual peanut butter cookie. And peanut butter is like my life. I wasn’t raised on American classics like meatloaf or cookies, but instead on Filipino delicacies like kare kare and puto. So baking these goodies were a great way of satisfying my peanut butter and baking cravings (I bake for fun, okay?).
The results were simply FABULOUS! Fumes of peanut butter practically drifted around the kitchen like an angel, and the cookie was a chewy melt-in-your-mouth heaven. It turned my chocolate obsessed baby brother into a convert! He’ll only eat peanut butter when they’re in these cookies.
All you need to make these peanut butter cookies are peanut butter, sugar, and one egg.
It’s best if you use all natural peanut butter for the best flavor and to also make it gluten-free!
Simple Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, all natural)
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl
- On a lightly greased cookie sheet, drop tablespoons of dough and press it down in a criss-cross pattern with a fork
- Bake 1o minutes
- Let it cool on the cookie sheet until they have firmed up a little, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Or, there’s always the option of eating it warm with a cold glass of milk!