These cute little things are crammed with energy and protein. Feeling drained? Simply pop one and go. Running out the door in the A.M.? Grab a few as a quick breakfast of protein and carbs. Not only are they good for you, but they are sweet and nutty and as full of flavor as they are energy. I usually eat them before or after working. And feel free to make them into an anything-but-the-kitchen-sink type of thing! Wonderfully customizable, so get as creative as you wish.
Mix of ingredients going into the nut butter.
Mixture of ingredients and peanut butter all combined into one hot mess. If you eat this while it’s nice and warm with a spoon, you almost feel like you’re eating raw cookie dough….Just a thought 🙂
Rolled into neat capsules of energy.
It seems that good things really do come in small packages.
Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 cup nut butter (I used a combo of cashew and peanut) Try to make it unsweetened since sweetener will be added
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup old-fashioned uncooked rolled oats
- 1/3 cup sliced nuts (I used almonds)
- 1/2 cup dried fruits (I used raisins)
- dash of cinnamon
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the nut butter and agave until combined. Throw in the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Let the whole thing cool in the fridge for a few minutes or until easy to handle.
- Roll tablespoons of the stuff into balls and store in a container. Keep in the fridge.